Key Lime Coconut Energy Bites



Key Lime Coconut Energy Bites


This is the second time I made these vegan babies.  For the first try, I used all organic ingredients. Now, I am not a kind of person who habitually buys organic (sometimes..if paranoia attacks me. Lol) for the main reason that it really saps up my food budget, otherwise I will be organic market's patron.
This recipe is really healthy, satisfying and it's a great back-to-school snack ( for at home though, as mostly schools are nut-free). Get your hands in organic Medjool dates if you can, and I promise every bite is fantastic! 


1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup cashews
1  1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted (I used whatever's available in the Chinese store)
zest and juice of 3 key limes
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes


Instructions

Grind almonds and cashews in a blender. Add the dates, juice of key limes and the zest.

Shape into a ball.

Roll into shredded coconut flakes, and enjoy!














xoxo 

Mademoiselle Vanilla by Donna Maramba









Comments