Brigadeiros



 From left to right-- Pistachio, Coconut Milk, Chocolate Brigadeiros


Brigadeiros 

 

I can't believe how time flies so fast! I have to post something today just because it's September 1st. I'm not sure about you, but I find that every first day of the month is something special. Lol.

I found a new favorite sweet treat- Brigadeiro that is originated from Brazil. It is made of condensed milk, similar to Filipino sweet treat, 'yema'. My other half and I agreed that our favorite is pistachio. This one has to be serve at room temperature to get the best flavour.




1 (14 oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp finely ground pistachios
2 tsp light corn syrup
1 tsp unsalted butter

BRING condensed milk, heavy cream, ground pistachios, corn syrup and butter into a boil over medium heat. Turn the heat down to low, and whisk constantly, as you wouldn't want the whole mixture to get stuck into the pot (but not to worry if some of it will). About 10-12 minutes. The mixture should be ready when  it thickens up & the whisk leaves a trail, and the mixture slides from the side easily and you'll able to see the bottom of the pan. Now, don't worry if some of it get stuck at the bottom.

TRANSFER into a clean bowl, and cool completely before refrigerating, about 3-4 hours.

SCOOP with a small spoon, and roll with cleaned hands into a ball before dipping into remaining ground pistachios.

Best enjoyed at room temperature.







Note: 
  • The ingredients in coconut milk brigadeiros and chocolate brigadeiros were just the addition of coconut milk and dark chocolate & cocoa powder, respectively. 
  • This recipe was adapted from the book of Fine Cooking, Leticia Moreinos Schwartz. 
  • The first and last pictures were taken from my Nikon D5000, and the four were taken from my Samsung mini-S4 mobile. Yes, I do need a tri-pod desperately! :)


 xoxo

Donna Maramba
Mademoiselle Vanilla
 

Comments