Gumpaste Tree Cake ornament



Gumpaste Tree



I'm not sure we could finally say that Frozen movie had it's glory, yet, because I've seen a lot of cake ornaments such as this gumpaste tree many many times, and I was glad to find out how easy it was to make. I was skeptical at first, but when I tried my hands on these babies, boy, was I amazed with a new-found tree-snipping skill! Lol.




You will need to roll a conical-shaped gumpaste. Start snipping from the top using a small scissors for fine details, working your way down as shown in the picture.  


And voila! 




***Last Christmas (2014), me and my kid made one for a Christmas tree ornament using clay (play-doh). We added a bended paper clip wire on top of the tree so we could hang it before we started snipping. We then let it air-dry overnight. It was a fun activity that kids and kids-at-heart will surely like! Just don't get confuse with the gumpaste and play-doh tree you are making. Have fun! :)  



Good Luck! 

xoxo 
Donna Maramba, Mademoiselle Vanilla

Comments